We all face challenges at different stages through life.  Perhaps you’re struggling with your child’s behaviour, you’ve had a relationship breakdown, you’ve recently lost a loved one or you just don’t feel like yourself and you can’t seem to work through your feelings.  It’s natural to feel down from time to time, but when you experience continuous feelings such as hopelessness, sadness, loneliness, anger, frustration or anxiety, we can help.

At Perth Psychological Services, we understand that each person’s situation is unique.  With our diverse expertise, we will find you a Clinician with skills and experience to provide therapy and support you to define your situation, improve your life and help you reach your goals.

Our Clinicians can help with a range of mental health struggles such as; diagnosis and intervention for Autism Spectrum Disorder, other neurodevelopmental disorders (including Selective Mutism, FASD, ADHD, Learning Disorders), Anxiety and Depression, Relationship issues, Parenting and childhood behaviours, Trauma (chronic and acute), Bereavement, Grief and Loss, Gender Identity, Reproductive concerns including IVF and donor issues. 

Feel free to call or email our friendly admin team who are happy to talk with you about what you are experiencing and with the help of PPS Senior Clinical Management, recommend a Clinician that would best suit you.  

Feel free to browse through our website to learn more about our individual Clinicians and to obtain information about our services.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with taking the first steps to building a better future.

Our Clinicians

Suzanne Midford

Director / Senior Clinical Psychologist


Dr Richard Midford

Director/Senior Clinical Psychologist


Dr Lu Arco

Senior Clinical Psychologist


Julie Barnett

Senior Clinical Psychologist


Rochelle Castine

Senior Clinical Psychologist



What is Clinical Psychology?

To become a Registered Psychologist in Australia, a minimum of four years of university study is required by the Psychology Board of Australia, followed by an internship period. To become a Clinical Psychologist, an area of practice endorsement by the Psychology Board of Australia, additional postgraduate study (Masters or PhD) is required, followed by placement in the Registrar program. 

A Clinical Psychologist is qualified to diagnose and provide clinical treatment for a wide spectrum of mental health disorders – from Behavioural and Interpersonal concerns to Anxiety and Depression and more severe disorders such as Psychosis and Personality Disorders.


  • Perth
    481 Fitzgerald Street
    North Perth WA 6016

  • Peel
    1 Owen Ave
    Falcon WA 6210





  • Autism Spectrum Disorder
  • Neurodevelopment Assessments
  • Depression
  • Anxiety and Panic
  • Self Esteem
  • Relationship Issues
  • Family Concerns
  • Parenting
  • Adolescent Behaviour
  • Childhood Trauma
  • Post Traumatic Stress


  • IVF & Reproductive Issues
  • Work-Related Stress and Career Issues
  • Substance Misuse and other Dependencies
  • Postnatal Depression
  • Gender Identity
  • Chronic and Terminal Illness
  • Grief and Loss
  • Bereavement
  • Health and Well-Being

Subscribe to our mailing list